Monday, June 10, 2013

Taking it Seriously

Patriot Academy 2013 in Texas is just five short weeks away!  And there is so much to do to get ready for it!  This is no summer camp!  Patriot Academy has a required reading list, a required listening list, and other study materials on the legislative process that I've got to tackle and understand before I even get to Texas!

So, do you remember when I said this?
"The Patriot Academy is essentially a simulated legislative session along with other training classes, and when you get there you .  You're not just learning about the legislative process, you are literally immersed in it!  Which is what makes this one of the best leadership training schools around!"
Well, just to add to the learning process, each student goes through the process of drafting their very own bill. 

In my opinion, an elected official is hired by the people to do business on their behalf, so I'm going to take this whole "serve in the role of a representative" thing seriously.  So, I want to know what you would like to see in a piece of legislation.  What issues would you like tackled?  What would you like my bill be?  I'd love to hear your ideas.  I will be accepting suggestions until the end of this week.  Just post a comment or contact me using the form to your right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment