Saturday, July 27, 2013

2 Days to Go!

Hey Everyone!

I'm sorry I didn't get anything posted the last two days and in doing so completely messing up the countdown I had going.  You wouldn't believe how crazy the last couple of days have been!

The video below is off the PA required viewing list.  I watched while I was packing and was very inspired by all of the stories of heroes that were around my age or younger!  Check it out if you have a few minutes!  It's definitely worth watching!



Here is the update from Thursday:
 
So, today, I embarked on a mission. . . . maybe more like a quest . . . . one nigh impossible and prone to failure. . . .Today I went business clothes shopping to wear at Patriot Academy.  You probably think I'm being dramatic, but if you were 5'9 1/2" with a 27" waist, you'd understand just how difficult this task would be.  Usually they think if you're that tall, you are big boned or fat or something.  

I don't particularly care for the current professional fads.  Let's face it!  Large triangular holes in the back of a dress shirt, dresses the length of a shirt, and pants that are so tight that they could qualify for leggings shouldn't be fashionable. . . but they are in today's society.  Moving on.  So, I went to Goodwill, where, IF you search hard enough, you can find the classic professional wear for amazing prices!
In just that one store, I found all that I needed, and I couldn't have been happier!  It might have taken me FIVE hours, but it was worth it to find stuff like size 4 Long black dress slacks for $5!  
So, that was my day!  Happy Thursday, Everyone!
-- Destiny 
Here is the update from Friday:

I love Homeschool conventions, and today I got to go to one for campaigning purposes!  So, I pretty much got to combine two lovable activities into one!  I thoroughly enjoy meeting new people and sharing with them about  a candidate that I whole-heartedly support! 
 Today I finished reading "How to Be a Statesman" off of the Patriot Academy's required reading list.  It was a quick read, but packed full of great information on what it's all about to be a dedicated servant to your constituents.  Simply put, it summed up the importance of making protecting the people's rights the top priority and to never let the power of being in political office go to your head.
I can't believe that PA is just around the corner!  I better get packing!
Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!
-- Destiny
I will TRY to post on this blog as often as possible while I am at Patriot Academy.  So, keep a look-out for pictures and updates all throughout next week!  If you want, you can subscribe by email.  There should be a section on the right to sign up to follow by email.

-- Destiny

 

No comments:

Post a Comment