Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Bill for Patriot Academy

So, Patriot Academy is only six days away, and I just finished a live webinar with Rick Green!  Which was  was pretty awesome!   Not only was it very informative, but it just built up excitement even more for next week!

Here is a copy of my bill as promised along with some thoughts: 

I love how I haven't even gotten to Texas yet, and I'm already experiencing the hard core training they promised!

Remember when I said on my "Donate" page,
"The Patriot Academy is essentially a simulated legislative session along with other training classes, and when you get there you serve in the role of a representative.  You're not just learning about the legislative process, you are literally immersed in it!" 
 Well, that includes going through the process of writing your own piece of legislation from start to finish.  Call me weird, but I enjoy this kind of stuff!  I got to see a need, research the idea, formulate a solution, learn a bit on legal lingo, and then submit my bill to the legal council.  What a great learning experience!

So here's what I came up with ( I apologize if the format comes out funny) :



By:  Palmer, D.                                                                                                                      H.B. No.71 

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
AN ACT
relating to state traffic regulations.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS: 
SECTION 1. Sec. 707 of the Transportation Code is to be repealed.
SECTION 2. All photographic traffic signal enforcement systems are hereby prohibited. All photographic traffic signal enforcement systems shall be removed by January 1, 2014.
SECTION 3. To compensate for the reduction of motor vehicle accidents at intersections provided by photographic traffic signal enforcement systems, the duration of all yellow light signals are to be extended by one second.
SECTION 4. This Act takes effect immediately if it receives a vote of two-thirds of all the members elected by each house, as provided by Section 39, Article III, Texas Constitution. If this Act does not receive the vote necessary for immediate effect, this Act takes effect October 25, 2013.




I will add more on why I chose this topic for my bill later this week!



Thank you all so much for your support! 

-- Destiny
P.S. -- I just found this official copy of my bill.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/olh5y8wyqjrfnjy/HB71%20Palmer%2C%20Destiny.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment