Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 2: Morning session

This is the  beautiful TX Capitol building.  And since it holds the title "Texas", it is huge!  And super easy to get lost in.  
We are required to walk to session in committee groups.  They match you up into different committees by similar passions, purposes, and plans that they perceived you had from the extensive application process.  I was assigned to the William Wilberforce Committee!  I've got to say, our committee chair is incredible along with all of my fellow committee members!  They keep things running so professionally and keep the great debates going!
Here is a picture from the house floor, where we have our mock sessions.  What an incredibly realistic learning oppurtunity it has been!  My appreciation for my elected official does nothing but grow!
Well, I am in session at the moment. Listening to a debate on fireworks taxes. 

1 comment: