Monday, July 22, 2013

This week is going to go by quickly! 7 days til PA!!!

So, I'm on my third . . . maybe fourth cup of coffee today . . . yeah, probably not good for me, but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do! Actually . . . more like unfortunately caffeine doesn't even give me a boost, I just love coffee, unadulterated black coffee. I leave for Patriot Academy in exactly a week!  Correction: a week from today I leave, but it's 6:29pm, so technically speaking I'll be half way through my first day at Patriot Academy this time next week . . . possibly eating supper . . . but that's beside the point.

The most pressing thing on my mind right now is how much there is to do to get ready for Patriot Academy and how fast the time to do it in is dwindling!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while!  I've either been juggling four jobs the last few weeks which didn't leave me with much time for posting updates . . . or out of town . . . both were a blessing!  I got to spend a week with my cousin, who is also going to Patriot Academy, this last week at my grandmother's house in Tennessee.  So, we got to help each other prepare a little bit.

By the way, I never let you all know what my bill topic was.  Red light cameras are a hot issue right now in the state of Texas, so my bill will be repealing them.  I'll post the actual bill later on this week in case you're interested.  I heard from my P.A. mentor that I may be in for some good debate!  Either way I'm going to be prepared, but I'll post more on that later.

I've been working my way through the required reading and listening, and I haven't stumbled across a dull thing yet!  I listened to a lecture by Pastor Michael Youssef today on "Who Takes Care of the Poor?"  It really tackles the issue of the welfare system.  It's definitely worth checking out.  Here's the link Click Here

Sorry this post is such a hodge podge!  I guess I just wanted to give you all a quick update!  

I'm on the home stretch now, so I'll be posting as often as possible for the next two weeks!

Happy Monday!

Destiny 

No comments:

Post a Comment